September 11, 2008

Shoot with Gwen

Today I shot with Gwen. The other night, we had met up and discussed a shoot for next month, but we both happened to have the day off, so kinda last minute, we set up a shoot. We had a few shots in mind to shoot, but I asked her to bring a LOT of clothes for the sake of having a variety. We started off doing a head-shot while her make-up was fresh. Also, it was going to be an easy shot to begin working together with. I set up a "beauty-box" set-up which was a head shot into a 60" umbrella. There was a reflector directly blow Gwen's chest and a fill-card to camera left. Also, there was a gridded hair-light illuminating her hair.

Gwen asked if we could shoot a photo similar to these shots in a series which I'm working on. I had no problem with that request. We shot a lot, and settled on a select few, but this was the best one:

The next set-up was actually my jacket! It's a Guess Jacket and it makes me feel like a bad-ass when I wear it. It kinda felt like we were doing a commercial for race-cars or something.


2 comments:

paurullan said...

Fantastic post. These models you find are trully great!
Your studio, is rented or do you own it? It would be interesting to have a post talking about your equipment.

evan romine said...

Thanks paurullan! I actually share a studio in Tempe, Arizona with Don Giannatti, Alex Bussa and James Jones. It's not the biggest place, we don't have the fanciest lights or very high ceilings, but we make it work! I think I might do a "Studio Tour" post where I can show exactly where I shoot. Thanks!